Scientist or institution: Societat General de Tramvies Elèctrics Interurbans de Palma
Repository institution: Arxiu del Regne de Mallorca
Period covered: 1921-1971
This company was founded in 1914 by purchasing shares of Mallorca Tramways. The goal was to create a network of trams would provide the center of Palma with various neighborhoods in the suburbs. The activity of the company evolved to 1970, which was replaced by Labor Mallorca Bus Company Limited. During this period he met the development of the electric tram as a means of transport and as a means of promoting the development of the city and tourist areas such as Caso Catalan, Portopí Field, Garden City is'Arenal. The decline coincided with the peak tram lines of buses, which ended up replacing it between 1958 and 1959.
Approximate volume: 7,40 ml