Scientist or institution: Astilleros Cardona
Repository institution: Arxiu General del Museu Marítim de Barcelona
Period covered: 1915-1975
Cardona's family, from Ciutadella (Menorca), was established in Barcelona around the year 1850, which recorded its shipbuilding business with the name of Astilleros Cardona. In 1975 it was converted into a limited company until its demise after being absorbed in 1980 by Astilleros widow, SL The company built replicas and reproductions of the ship 'Mary' (the years 1894 and 1964), the 'Paint' and 'Girl' (1892, 1964 and 1968), and the Maritime Museum of the royal galley of D. John of Austria in 1971. The collection contains 119 maps of the shipbuilding company.
Approximate volume: 0,20 ml