català | castellano | english home   sitemap   legal notice   credits   contacte  
home home

The Collections

Scientist or institution: Hospital Sant Jaume d'Olot
Repository institution: Arxiu Comarcal de la Garrotxa
Keywords: Medicine
Period covered: 1325-1977
Additional information:

The history of the Hospital is the story of Olot. In a first location in the old town is gone, during the sixteenth century, the current location, separate from the city center, which revolved around the main square, which was started on the road to Vic - later became the street of San Rafael, who was a key point in the pedestrian traffic.
With the Hospital of St. James, dedicated to this saint, like many other hospitals, pilgrims, the city is
amounted to a significant number of towns, normally county leaders today, who, concerned about the health of their neighbors and to meet the needs of elderly, poor, homeless, tramps and pilgrims were create hospitals (Figueres, Valleys, Vic Carr, Reus) and they provide the country with a number of municipal hospitals. In 80, the Government took advantage of this situation to create a network of regional hospitals and services proximity to health, managed from the same region.

Description:

Administrative Documentation
Clinical Records
Photographics

Approximate volume: 38,10 ml



[back]

bottom